Stream of Consciousness

Friday, February 25, 2005

The Switch

This is the third switch I have made thus far in my blogging lifetime. First, I unloaded my spirit onto the unprotected pages of Open Diary. Not only was it frequently hacked into, but it was the beginning of my frustrations dealing with pop up ads. Every freshly loaded screen cast at least three annoying advertisements that took five seconds to load. When they were all finished loading, then you could navigate the screen. At least a year went by when I noticed all my friends were using Live Journal. I decided to create an additional journal so that I could be up to date and current in their lives. After about three months my Open Diary friend informed me that her entire diary, spanning three years, was deleted. It had been hacked into and there was no way of recovering it. Quickly, I went to mine and found it empty. Thus, I became solely dedicated to Live Journal. Immediately, I had problems with this blog. It was not as user friendly to navigate and set up. It was only a matter of a month until I was used to it's format. The disappointment doesn't stop here. LJ's choice of templates were limited in their selection and friendly format. It wasn't the nicest thing to look at. My initial reason for joining LJ was the reason I left. I became paranoid about what I wrote. Having offended some of my friends, I became so nervous about everything I wrote. So much drama was created by me just being honest and open. I decided I needed a new outlet where I was more anonymous so that I could really explore my creativity and my heart. Google's Blogger was an easy choice because I have been using and loving Google's toolbar, search engines, gmail, and their other innovative services. I have made The Switch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home