Stream of Consciousness

Monday, March 28, 2005

OCPD


The last couple months I have been making mental notes of my behavior, ideas, ideals, thoughts, and attitudes. OCPD has been on my mind. I finally did some research tonight. I already suffer from OCD that is almost non-existent while on medication and I know that this differs from OCPD, but I don't know. Within the last year I become more and more of a perfectionist and I'm just concerned. And not only a perfectionist in the sense of taking notes for a class, but of sticking to rigid rules, being way to stubborn, and being very critical of myself and others. A whole way of thought. But I tend to think that because I am concerned that I might displaying personality quicks of person who has OCPD, I don't have it. If I'm correct, I think people who have OCPD are too overly wrapped up in their perfectionism and the results of that they don't think anything is wrong with them. But I only know that from this chapter my psychiatrist wanted me to read a couple years ago when I was first diagnosed with OCD to rule out OCPD. But I am insecure in that if I were to talk about this to my psychiatrist they would think I am one of those people who read about diseases and then think they have it. I did this with adult ADD. Finally, she brought it up and I admitted that I had been thinking about it, but thinking negative thoughts that the psychiatrist might have been thinking about me saying I thought I had adult ADD as well. Plus, I feel like I look like a totally hypochondriac because I take medicine for depression, OCD, and ADD. Especially the ADD. Because when people find out that I have ADD I feel like they are thinking that I really don't and am just another one of those people who take medicine for everything. But I actually try to limit my medicine. But I carry these concerns in the back of my mind and not let them take control of me because I know what my life was like before therapy (medicinal and talk).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home