Stream of Consciousness

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Noon Excitement


I was heading to The Ferg, when I saw a sign that said, "Recording Studio." Curious, I decided to check it out. Oh my goodness, it was a Mobile CD Recording Studio! At once I inquired of the cost and was thrilled when I was informed that it was FREE and that I would get a copy of the song I would sing on CD! Quickly, I thumbed through the booklet to find the song that I knew by heart and have had no trouble belting out -- Shania Twain's "From This Moment On." While I waited until it was my turn to record my song, Antonio walked in -- only I knew him as the guy from France that came into Alabama Express trying to find cotton pants. I stopped him with a sweet, "Bonjour!" He was delighted to see me trying to speak French with him. He then proceeded to ask me to eat lunch with him, in English. Sad to say, but by the time I finally got my CD I only had 20 minutes left to eat. So, I apologized to Antonio, got his email address, and grabbed a sub, chips, and drink from Blimpie. I was on my way to my chemistry class. Well, from a distance I noticed two men jogging in my direction. One looked faintly like Mike Shula, the head coach of the University of Alabama's football team. To my surprise and shock, IT WAS. The girls who were walking quite a distance ahead of me couldn't believe it either. They stopped and turned their heads as he jogged past. We met eyes and with my eyes wide I lipped, "Oh my goodness!" I caught up with them and we giggled and gushed over the chance encounter we had with such a fine looking man as Mr. Shula.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home