Stream of Consciousness

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Baby Steps

I ran across this site when I typed in the word "calisthenics" into Google's search engine. This was prompted by many things. I am going to be in two weddings this summer and I would love to lose some weight before they say, "I do!" I also recognize that I am not at a healthy weight and I need to slowly incorporate better eating and activity habits into my life. This is the only way to make a lasting, life-long change in my health. Well, a couple weeks ago I stumbled on the How To Be A Hero website and I completed the quiz. Well, I am a warrior-in-training and in order to advance I have to earn that title. My first assignment is to slowly start incorporating exercise into my life. I have to record what my plans are, a week of implementing a program, discuss setbacks and achievements, and discover ways to make exercise a part of my daily life. I decided to start with calisthenics. They are simple and don't require a lot of time. Well, Google found exactly what I was looking for. Not only is the Humana Natura site full of useful and well-explained information, but it is wonderfully laid out. (But I don't agree with the section discussing our past.) I already talked to my friend and we are going to keep each other accountable in completing the Calisthenics Workout and how much we walk each day. They even have a handy-dandy poster with all the workouts. I am filled with hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home