Stream of Consciousness

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Nursing Advising

I only have two lower division classes to take before I can apply for upper division. Last night, I worried about my chances of getting into the nursing school. In about an hour I am going to talk to my advisor. With my coffee stained shirt and mediocre GPA (3.0), what are my chances? I am going to apply to the local community college's ADN nursing program so I have something to fall back on if I don't get into the university's. But then I will be in school an extra year (a total of 6) in order to receive my BSN.
I went to the Cingular store to inquire about getting a new phone charger and I saw one of my old classmates from my anatomy class. Of course she looked incredible and was very put together and in nursing school. Here I was with my untied shoe, rolls hanging out, air-dried hair, and only a sliver of chance of getting into nursing school. I bet she doesn't sleep through her entire day of classes. She works 30 hours a week at Cingular, is training for a half marathon, and finishing up her first year of nursing school. Luckily I spilled the coffee on my shirt hours after I ran into her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home