Stream of Consciousness

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Emily

I think I have been avoiding it. I guess I would like to think its just growing pains. I know better. Her high school years, have they always been overshadowed by that nameless monster that creeps into every thought, emotion, and reaction? When I finally force it out of her, I am motivated toward action, but the sooner I forget, then the painful reminder and horror seems to go away. How stupid could I be? How agonizing it was when I was in her shoes. I'm the big sister and I've experienced it. I can save her. It will take persistence to plow through our parent's wall they created so they can avoid it. This wall is heavily guarded with primetime television, silencing their escapist daughters to finish a silly program. They are blind to what extent they have lost us. I hope for their sake they never know. Wishing other men were my father, hurts enough. It is good they don't see. But if I can just pry their eyes open just enough to get Emily help, that is all I ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home