Stream of Consciousness

Monday, May 16, 2005

Victorious!

I finally managed to download McAfee's Security System (provided free to students, staff, and faculty at the University of Alabama). I expect to see marked improvement of how my laptop runs. With Zone Alarm, Ad-Aware, and McAfee's Security Center (with virus scan and personal firewall) -- all free -- my laptop should be in fine shape. I have my Linksys wireless internet card so I can access the internet at any number of the university's buildings or the coffee shops around town. Google's toolbar blocks popups as well as provide direct access to my blog. Communication is superb with Trillian gracefully combining all the important messengers into one program and Gmail effortlessly providing tons of storage space to send and receive email. I feel I have taken a step closer to computer and internet enlightenment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home