Stream of Consciousness

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Gut Feeling


When I have a feeling that something, mainly dating relationships, aren't going to work, I know from the beginning. Slight OCD kicks in. I keep having to convince myself to relax and just to go with the flow. Thoughts like, "Erin, you don't have to be completely sure of this. Just have fun" begin to echo in my mind. But dating is serious to me. Its a big deal to share not only my life with someone, but my heart and passions. But my thought system isn't as rational as all this sounds. Many fleeting thoughts, perceptions, and emotions flow through my mind, most of which are tinged with irrationality. This sparks more rumination and more anxiety. Then suddenly I realize that this isn't a "problem" that needs to be fixed, its OCD. Then I am reminded of the Brain Lock method. Because my OCD is episodic I don't have to always deal with it. Then my coping skills get rusty and when it hits, I have to relearn how to deal with it. Just writing this entry has provided some comfort from these mild OCD thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home