Stream of Consciousness

Friday, May 06, 2005

JD

Abdel Majeed. In between studying, sleeping, eating, and procrastinating I have been pondering the relationship possibilities between JD and I. He commented yesterday, "Man, I feel in comfortable around you!" That made me feel good because I did too. We kept up with each other today -- finals, the summer, his trip back home, etc. And I realized that he wanted to keep in touch with me outside of our class. I knew I did, but felt insecure to show this. Our last conversation today on the phone ended with plans. Coffee on Monday, see a movie sometime, and my softball game. I hung up and froze. Where is this going? Where do I want this to go? I know about letting things go and just see where it ends up, but that is against my nature. I have OCD and that train of thought has always been hard to achieve. The issues that are on my mind is his religion and the way he lives life. Now, my standard is that I don't date someone I couldn't see myself marrying. But my standards also stress marrying someone who will help me get to heaven. This entails a lot more than meets the eye, but I won't go into much detail. If JD was just Muslim I would be fine with building a friendship and looking at possibilities for something more, faithful that I would either convert him or have the strengh to end the relationship. But JD is also very worldly. Although he physically has roots all over the world, this is referring more to the college lifestyle and the post modern way of thinking. I don't drink, smoke, or cus. I don't believe that anything goes, but I do respect people. But my goal is bring these people with me to heaven. Therefore, in order to obey God's commands I do bring up touchy issues and step on some toes. But in a dating relationship having respect for someone else's beliefs that are incompattible to mine, simply wouldn't work. That is fine in a friendship, but not in a romantic relationship.

He leaves for Jordan this Thursday. My objectives are simply to keep being a good example, invite him to church, and strengthen our friendship. He will be across the ocean for about a week and a half. During that time I am going to do some reading. Evertt L. Huffard wrote a book entitled Christ or the Qur'an? and Apologetics press has many articles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home