Stream of Consciousness

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Ugh

My day officially started at 8:15 this morning when Dana and I left to study at the Arboretum. JD arrived around 11am to start studying Nutrition with me. We have been together up until now -- 7pm. That's 8 hours! Let me quickly run through the day's events up until this point. From 11-12 we studied and chatted. It was pleasant. Then we grabbed some lunch. He paid and we had a great time talking and eating. We decided to go to the library. Its near 2pm now. Around 3:30 he arrives at Gorgas. We study. I didn't take a shower this morning so I my hair is getting progressively greasier. I had a hard time studying. But the thing more on my mind was this adventure with JD. I thought there was a chance that he might come to my softball game, but I wasn't really sure since he had one more final to study for than I did. Then after maybe we could spend the rest of the night studying. But as the afternoon drug on and the evening set in, the library became more and more cold and unfriendly. But I planned to stay until my game, thinking JD would do the same. An hour before my sister is due to arrive with my softball uniform and some food, JD leaves. Now the unhappy ickiness completely took over. Why did he have to leave? I don't want to spend a lonely hour in this unfriendly library that I have already spent the last 4 hours willing myself to study in. This ugly emotion of unhappy unsatisfaction is a result of spending too much time in this library.

The phone rings. Its JD. He asks me what time I am getting up. Maybe he wants to meet up before the test to review. He wants me to call him as soon as I wake up to make sure he doesn't sleep in and miss the final. Ugh.

I know this confusing emotion has nothing to do with JD. The day seemed so promising. Only to end up like this. Late evening. Having only gone through 2 1/2 chapters out of 8. Ugh. I hate this library. But Emily will be here in 40 minutes. No since in leaving now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home