Stream of Consciousness

Monday, April 04, 2005

Delving Deep: Part 1

Who am I?
I am a child of God having put on Christ in the waters of baptism at the age of 12. I am a college student in her third year of school studying to be a nurse. I am a big sister, daughter, and friend. I have OCD and depression. I love to sing. I love good food. I love to travel having lived in 6 different states. I am 21. I was born on New Years day. I am honest. I am smart and intelligent. I am a lover of the written word and music. I am overweight. I am a big dreamer with big goals and big plans. I have brown eyes and light brown hair. I have high standards. I am always trying to grow and learn more about myself and the world I live in so that I can be a positive influence and promote change.

How do I think of myself?
I am a blunder. I say the wrong things at the wrong time to the wrong people. But I mean well, most of the time. I have a big heart but often it is expressed in the form of harsh criticism. I think I have so much improvement to make until I will finally be satisfied with who I am, where I've been, and what I've accomplished. As a result I impose high standards on myself and on others often resulting in anger and resentment.

What are my strengths and weaknesses?
I am not afraid to dream and do big things. I have a tender heart and want people, including myself to be their best. I love passionately. I am confident when speaking in front of a group of people. In the game of softball, I play first base really well. My voice has developed over the years and I am able to sing many vocal parts well. I offend people and step on their toes. I put more emphasis on planning than action. I skip too many classes and don't study enough. I get defensive at the first sign of criticism. I can't keep things clean (myself, room, car, bathroom, etc). I care too much about what people think, but I don't act like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home