Stream of Consciousness

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Reunion

I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. Its hard to tell how I did on the test. I would say average. Went to bed around 10am and woke up around 4pm. I love naps during the day on that couch all cuddled up in the knit blanket. Cancelled the hair cut for Rick, the study session with JD, and the food delivery with Amanda and Brooke. Still got the game at 9:15. My priorities are so in line. All the things that involved serving others I cancelled. I got back in touch with Shauntel Bruner! Our freshman year of high school we were best buds. "Blame It on the Weather Man" by B*Witched was our song. I remember at the homecoming football game (after putting tattoos on our face and her mom French braiding our hair) how she was upset about Evelyn and Neal. We left our seats and leaned against the fence around the field. She was upset and crying. I put my arm around her and sang the song in her ear. She went to Belgium the next year as a foreign exchange student. When she got back she was different. Not bad different, but more confident and sure of herself. In between Andra, depression, OCD, and Brad we managed to remain friends. Not as close as before. After graduation up until now I have continued to remember her. It seemed she fell off the face of the earth. Thank goodness for The Facebook. I am now back in contact with a friend who helped shape my past and influenced who I am today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home