Stream of Consciousness

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sunday Afternoon

I know that I can get over him. I know there are other guys out there that will catch my fancy the way that he did. But I don't want anyone else. Even if another person is better. I know this must sound like irrationality due to a broken heart, but I can't honestly remember feeling that way before. With Brad I just wanted the pain to go away. I always held onto hope that it would work somewhere down the line, but I knew there had to be better. When it ended with Jerry I was more assured that I would find someone that would be right for me. I guess because after Brad I hadn't found anyone that I truly liked and wanted to be with. And Jerry's presence in my life for that month gave me hope. There are guys out there that aren't as quirky or anxious or weird as Rick. But I don't want "better." I can't emphasize this enough. Being with him felt right. And other people could tell this too. Despite this entry, I am working on moving on. But I don't think I will lose hope for a long while. Right now I am going forward with my life to protect my heart and so I can get through nursing school. I am more important right now. But not only do I miss a wonderful guy that I fell in love with, but I miss my best friend. The relationship we had was like none other than we had ever experienced before. So special. I miss it. I miss him.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home