Stream of Consciousness

Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Jeans & Nerves

They're too long. When I tried them on I knew they were, but thought that with tennis shoes it would be fine. Nope. These jeans are the nicer jeans at the Fat Lady Store and were half off. I bought two pairs. So if I get them hemmed will they still look like flares or just plain funky? Either way, I'm upset about it because I was going to wear one of them tonight on my "date." And just thinking about that -- I am so nervous. Not just anxious, but nervous as well. I feel like there has to be more than friendship between us. So if he walks in and we sit down and the chemistry isn't there I'll get anxious because I'll force it to work in my mind. And that triggers a nice OCD episode of trying to convince myself of something that I will continually doubt. Ok. I haven't even met him yet. I want to go in there ready to make a great friend. And if there is something more -- then WONDERFUL. But if not then I need to accept it, tell him, and not dwell on it. Why does my mind have to be so complicated?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home