Stream of Consciousness

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Funky Town

I've been avoiding studying for finals. And it hangs over my head. My acts of laziness and procrastination ignited a funk. Because now I feel out of control. I can think of many things that need immediate attention: schoolwork, messy room, messy car, checkbook register, and other odds and ends. But something paralyzes me. And in my "inability" to do these things which would make me feel more clear headed, organized, and peaceful, I fool myself into thinking I am escaping. But I know I'm not. Anxiety builds. Then I see a fellow nursing student who seems to have it all together. I know she doesn't, in a general sense, but she is more together than me. I know. My lazy, overweight, irresponsible, messy, nasty self is magnified. And I sit paralyzed, escaping, comparing, depressing.

Time ticks. Three finals. Stupid me.

5 Comments:

  • Been there done that. I've found the best thing to do is literally get out for a walk and talk it out with God. It helps. Usually prayer is the last thing we think to do (guilty). It's amazing how different it can make you feel.

    By Blogger Out Of Jersey, at Monday, December 19, 2005 7:52:00 AM  

  • http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/ref=gw1_mm_2/103-4880624-3507803/?node=3435371

    Follow the link above, you want to become an associate, it's a way of getting paid for recommending things from Amazon. For me it was more of a way of building those links to suggest things to people. When you sign up there'll be a way to get html, you can look up something you enjoy and they actually give you the html to place on your blot. For some reason I have a problem with placing them in a post, but they'll post in my template. DOn't know why. Hope that is helpful to you.

    By Blogger Out Of Jersey, at Monday, December 19, 2005 12:41:00 PM  

  • http://thecubiclereverend.blogspot.com/2005/12/newest-cube-heads.html

    Welcome to the Cubisphere.

    By Blogger Out Of Jersey, at Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:01:00 AM  

  • Hey dont be too hard on yourself. I'm the worst procrastinator on earth, we are all guilty of it. When I feel unmotivated and lifeless, I just pray to God to gain the strength to overcome the feelings and rise above with the courage to face what the last thing I want to do, is. Which is usually my work!

    Cheer up!

    By Blogger MJJ Insider, at Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:24:00 PM  

  • http://thecubiclereverend.blogspot.com/2005/12/guest-blogger-assignment.html

    If you are interested.

    By Blogger Out Of Jersey, at Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home