Stream of Consciousness

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I've Taken Care Of It

It's the 2nd day of not initiating communication. I mean, yesterday morning I emailed him with the artist of "The Air I Breathe." He thought it was Lonestar. I knew it wasn't. The Mavericks. And I IMed him before that even though he wasn't online. Haven't heard from him since I left Monday. Normally, this would upset me and I would build up enough resentment to either completely withdraw or give in a call. Although I could go in this direction if I dwelled on it enough, I have just accepted it. I took these steps backwards for this very reason. We aren't dating and he isn't going to treat me like his girlfriend. And I am more secure in our friendship now. I know how he feels towards me. And just as I don't necessarily have daily contact with Amanda and Dana, I shouldn't expect it from Rick. It's because I have and desired this more than with my other friends that it became a problem. Our relationship is in the realm of friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home