Stream of Consciousness

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Crimson Towers

I know it seems I have been talking about Rick a lot lately. Its a new relationship in itself and new in that I have never had such a relationship with someone as I am with Rick. Its an intimate friendship (this doesn't mean friends with benefits) that transcends the relationships I normally have with guys at the friendship level, but different than the type of friendship I have with my best friend (who is a girl). My anxiety (as well as his) has crept up, but its something we are working on. But I am bit disturbed by some of Rick's quirks. He lets his anxiety have too much control over his life. He spends almost all of his time in his little efficiency apartment for graduate students. His social skills are lacking a bit. I am trying to help him learn new coping skills and to tough it out instead of just giving in. It will still take some time to get used to him and all his quirks. But overall I am happy that this sweet man came into my life and the relationship has a clear direction -- friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home