Stream of Consciousness

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hook, Line and Sinker

My dad and I went to Wally World (not my choice to employ little kids across the ocean) to get me a basic fishing pole and other fishing odds and ends. I am going on a retreat with the college students at church. I used to fish a lot when I was little when we lived in Mississippi because we had a pond! All I have to take the pieces out of the package and put the rod and reel together. I was tempted to get a Barbi tackle box.

On another note: I can really relate to Diamond Rio's Beautiful Mess. When my OCD or just obsessive tendencies kick in I tend to be "going out of my mind these days." Perhaps my physical appearance begins to suffer because I can't concentrate enough to clean my room or do laundry. But its just so great, this new friendship (with a twist of attraction). I would rather be be hanging out with him and when I'm not you know where my mind is! But at the same time I lose a sense of myself when I am "out of my mind" and barely able to do anything if it doesn't have to do with him. Bittersweet.
Beautiful = positive; Mess=negative

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home